Vascular malformations include a wide range of symptoms, and can affect different internal organs. They can also form part of complex overgrowth syndromes. The complexity of these lesions is exacerbated by the different nomenclature of different specialists, which often complicates communication between professionals and the patient.
These lesions require a multidisciplinary approach, so different specialists are involved in both the diagnosis and the treatment. This therefore requires a doctor with expertise in diagnosing these lesions; specific immunomarkers; expert radiologists; interventional radiologists; neurologists; vascular surgeons and specialised dermatologists.
Achieve excellence in care, with comprehensive attention for the patient with vascular lesions, with the multidisciplinary participation of the paediatrician and the medical and surgical specialities needed.
The Coordinators of the Unit are Dra. Esther Roé Crespo and Dra. Caridad Morales Munera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dermatology (Dra. Roé/Dra. Morales).
- Paediatrics (Dra. S. Boronat).
- Oftalmology (Dra. Sabina Luna).
- Paediatric Surgery (Dra. Madai Curbelo).
- Radiology (Dra. E. Granell- Dr. Llauger).
- Interventionist Radiology ( Dr. J. Villalba- Dr. R. Guerrero).
- Otorhinolaryngology (Dr. Quer).
- Plastic Surgery (Dra. S. López).
- Psychology (Dra. Sandra Ros).
- Pathological Anatomy ( Dra. A. Mozos i Dra. Ruth Orellana).
Specialities that will be consulted when required:
- Paediatric Neurology (Dra. Turón).
- Paediatric Cardiology (Dr. Álvarez).
- Vascular Surgery (Dr. Romero).
- Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery ( Dra. Laura Soria).
- Joint multidisciplinary visit (specialists in Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Interventionist Radiology, Paediatrics, and, if required, Neurology, Traumatology, Ophtalmology, ENT or Paediatric Cardiology).
- Imaging tests and assessment by a radiologist specialised in neuroimaging and soft tissues.
- Cutaneous ultrasound scan for the ‘in situ’ assessment during the multidisciplinary visit.
- Interventionist Radiology for diagnostic arteriograms, sclerosis and embolisation techniques.
- Psychological assessment of the patient and their families.
- Vascular laser.
- Genetic diagnosis with a panel led by NAGS, including the majority of genes involved in these lesions.